The Retail Experience The Retail Experience

Penny Arcade rip off...

I heard this storyboard described almost word for word in a Penny Arcade comic strip. I don't know if you stole it or not, but I just thought you should know.

Anyways, solid animation. Your drawings were a little sketchy, but it got the job done. You got the point across.

Linkakami responds:

Heard this connection in some of the very first comments, but no, I did not steal it and I came up with it independently, as someone probably did before Penny Arcade.

Mr. Jack - Unfinished Mr. Jack - Unfinished

Finish it!

You should finish this movie! The animation looks okay, though it's honestly apparent that you're heavily influenced by Eddsworld. Perhaps try something a little your own, instead of just copying his style.

I love the song. System of a Down is one of my favorite bands, and "Mr. Jack" is one of my favorite SOAD tunes. This is really what's making me eager for you to finish it. You seem to have adequate enough animation skills to live up to the song.

Keep working, and maybe once you've read the reviews and got all of the constructive criticism you need and applied it, you'll end up with a great movie worthy of a daily award. Keep it up!

Dream Inside A Collab Dream Inside A Collab

A decent collab!

I've seen better collabs, and I've certainly seen way worse ones. I want to touch on a few main points that I noticed regarding this movie.

First, it seems to me that not everyone completely synced and mutually understood the idea of the collab. Everyone kind of did there own thing, which is fine, but it made the theme very unclear and the parts didn't seem to coincide with one-another.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that the animation in this collab in comparison to other recent collabs is superb. This has many up-and-coming Flash collab artists, so I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the art and animation in this movie.

Last, I just have to comment on the length. To me, a collab should be the longest type of movie on Newgrounds. If a bunch of artists get together to make one collective work--and they all inject their pure effort and work into it--it should come out pretty lengthy. I'm not trying to oppose the idea that you all worked hard, because I'm sure you did, but maybe some more patience and time would've really given this submission the means to skyrocket it's score and rack up the awards.

Overall, I was pleased, and I'm glad to see amateur Flash artists coming together in such a great and inspiring way. I can't wait to see more collabs come through the portal. I'm voting four on this submission, since there was apparent hard work, and I always wish to show my support.

The Black Book The Black Book

Uh...

Why is the score so low? This deserves at least a 4.00 or more. Amazing job, I love H.P. Lovecraft. Keep up the fantastic work! Loved it.

VentureBros FanFiction VentureBros FanFiction

Disappointed, until...

I was disappointed until you had them stoned and talking about DBZ. My friends and I do that all of the time.

The voices weren't too bad, though they could be improved. You've got skills with lip-syncing, but work on your timing. Try mastering your audio better too, so it doesn't get all clippy and scratchy.

I love the Venture Bros., weed and DBZ, so you have my five.

smirkstudios responds:

LoL, I see you've noticed the peaking and some half-assing. Well, I took a break from a bigger project just to joke around a bit, you know?

I still can't get enough DBZ!!! Thanks for the review! 4:20!!!

A History of Bad Men A History of Bad Men

Well done!

I liked it. Pretty great song. I got really into this. Not bad animation, you know what your doing. Maybe turn the default quality to medium since it's kinda graphic intensive at some points.

Animating Boxes at 3am Animating Boxes at 3am

Wonderful!

I loved this. Your animation is simple but well-done. It's paced very well and everything fits together very nicely. Great job, really!

Timmy's Giant Sandwich Timmy's Giant Sandwich

Two words.

Absolutely brilliant.

Sonic Vs Shadow DBZ fight Sonic Vs Shadow DBZ fight

This has potential!

It's honestly hard for me to believe this is your first flash animation. It wasn't anything great, and I feel like it got the score it deserves, but it's definitely very impressive considering you're a beginner.

The animation was pretty smooth and fluid, with some exceptions. Put some more work and effort into your backgrounds next time. You seemed to have a decent understanding of backdrop animation, though. You did a good job of sprite animation; it's something you seem to know how to do pretty well.

This talent in animation could be used to it's full potential if you took the time to add some plot and character traits. Perhaps add some real lines and story. This could greatly improve your score.

I give this movie a vote of three, since it wasn't so bad, and I'd like to see more from you.

tha death cliff tha death cliff

Funny, but lacking. . .

This is your only submission on Newgrounds, so you're doing very well for an up-and-coming artist. Keep it up! The animation was alright. You did a fine job of moving the figures across the screen fluidly, and not taking any crappy shortcuts. There is very clear effort in this. In terms of direction of the animation itself, try downloading the Flash "Vcam" (google it) and use that to make the whole thing more visually interesting. Also, work on your background art a little. Work with linear and gradient filling for skies and flat surfaces.

The audio was a decent effort; you picked a good song. Use some sound effects next time (make them quieter than the song, of course) to make the whole thing more audibly exciting. Other than that, you did a good job. Maybe sync the animation and the audio?

The idea itself was funny, but not that intriguing. "A big cliff where are stick figures go to die. . ." could be really hilarious, had you added more plot and back-story. It's clear to me, though, that your still finding your way around flash, and learning how to project all of the images in your head onto the screen. I can relate to this, so just keep working!

It was a good effort, and I enjoyed it alright. Maybe try to direct it a little better, and add some sound effects. Start writing in plot-lines and such, and you'll be on your way to greatness. I voted three on this submission, to raise the score; I'm nice.